Changes - Version 5.8.0 - 25 Oktober 2014
- Added support for two file views next to each other.
- All windows are now opened at the centre of the main window instead of at random places across random monitors.
- Slightly improved performance of the function tooltip.
- Fixed a bug in makefile creation of C DLL's that prevented compilation (no DEF problems anymore!).
- When compiling, header files are now treated separately from other files.
- Removed CVS support. CVS is considered deprecated, we recommend using explorer based code managers for alternatives like Git or SVN.
- Removed MinGW from default builds due to lack of reason to use it and generally inferior stability. At this point in time, there is no reason to use MinGW instead of TDM-GCC (which is based on MinGW64): both support 32bit compiling, but TDM has much more features, takes up less disk space and generates less crashes.
- Fixed a crash in the file change monitor code (this represented 70% of all crashes; guess what, it was an off-by-one error).
- The setup which includes TDM-GCC 4.8.1 (32bit and 64bit) can be downloaded here (47MB).
- The setup which does not include a compiler can be downloaded here (2MB).
- The portable version which includes TDM-GCC 4.8.1 (32bit and 64bit) can be downloaded here (34MB).
- The portable version which does not include a compiler can be downloaded here (2MB).
- The latest tested compilers can be downloaded here.
- Lastly, the source code can be found here (1MB). Alternatively, one can use git to clone any commit. Instructions can be found here.
Dev-C++ will automatically configure a 32bit and a 64bit compiler profile for you, and will select the 32bit profile if your computer does not support 64bit.